ESP-12E Development Board¶
- Connect 3.3 V to VCC and ground to GND.
- Attach the flash jumper (to the right in the picture).
- Turn on the power.
- Upload the software to Flash using esptool.
- The application starts automatically when the download is completed.
- 3.3 V power supply and logical level voltage.
- Boot message at 76800 buad on a virgin board. Blue, red and RGB LEDs turned on.
- 4 MB Flash.
How to determine the Flash size:
$ python esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 flash_id Connecting... head: 0 ;total: 0 erase size : 0 Manufacturer: e0 Device: 4016
Device 4016 gives a Flash of size
2 ^ (16 - 1) / 8 = 4096 kB = 4 MB.
Default system features¶
The default configuration includes those major features. They are all
sys_start() at the startup of the application.
Supported drivers for this board.
- adc — Analog to digital convertion
- analog_input_pin — Analog input pin
- bmp280 — BMP280 temperature and pressure sensor
- ds18b20 — One-wire temperature sensor
- ds3231 — RTC clock
- eeprom_i2c — I2C EEPROM
- eeprom_soft — Software EEPROM
- esp_wifi — Espressif WiFi
- exti — External interrupts
- flash — Flash memory
- hx711 — HX711 ADC for weigh scales
- i2c — I2C
- i2c_soft — Software I2C
- led_7seg_ht16k33 — LED 7-Segment HT16K33
- owi — One-Wire Interface
- pin — Digital pins
- pwm_soft — Software pulse width modulation
- random — Random numbers.
- sht3xd — SHT3x-D Humidity and Temperature Sensor
- spi — Serial Peripheral Interface
- uart — Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
- uart_soft — Software Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
- xbee — XBee
- xbee_client — XBee client
Read more about board specific functionality in the ESP-12E Development Board module documentation in the Library Reference.
Below is the memory usage of two applications:
- The minimal-configuration application is configured to only include the bare minimum of functionality for the low level kernel to run. That is, the thread scheduler and system tick.
- The default-configuration application is built with the default configuration, including a lot more functionality. See the list of Default system features above for a summary.
Default Standard Library configuration.