ESP-12E Development Board¶
Default system features¶
The default configuration includes those major features. They are all
sys_start() at the startup of the application.
Supported drivers for this board.
Read more about board specific functionality in the ESP-12E Development Board module documentation in the Library Reference.
Below is the memory usage of two applications:
- The minimal-configuration application is configured to only include the bare minimum of functionality for the low level kernel to run. That is, the thread scheduler and system tick.
- The default-configuration application is built with the default configuration, including a lot more functionality. See the list of Default system features above for a summary.
Default Standard Library configuration.
- Connect 3.3 V to VCC and ground to GND.
- Attach the flash jumper (to the right in the picture).
- Turn on the power.
- Upload the software to Flash using esptool.
- The application starts automatically when the download is completed.
- 3.3 V power supply and logical level voltage.
- Boot message at 76800 buad on a virgin board. Blue, red and RGB LEDs turned on.
- 4 MB Flash.
How to determine the Flash size:
$ python esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 flash_id Connecting... head: 0 ;total: 0 erase size : 0 Manufacturer: e0 Device: 4016
Device 4016 gives a Flash of size
2 ^ (16 - 1) / 8 = 4096 kB = 4 MB.